Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav!

I remember the days when the electricity in my town had a load-shading schedule, and then whenever the electrical power was cut, most memories were made. With my mother and brother, I used to sit on the outside porch, mother in the middle and we both on her left and right, waiting for a new story. My mother is one of the best storytellers. She inherited it from my grandfather, who used to sing melodious hymns and also was a great storyteller. 

My brother and I had different choices for the stories. I used to prefer the warriors, and he wanted more peaceful stories. The stories of Shivaji Maharaja and other Freedom Fighters were my favourite, while he liked the anecdotes from Panchatantra. Sometimes I wonder if that's why I have a warrior-like personality. Okay, that's another story for someday. But, yeah, that's the reason we both are filled with very much patriotism. 

My mother had perfect ways to make us love the country, its culture and its language, which we often ignore. So, she taught us to call her 'Aai' and my father 'Baba' in Marathi. While I saw everyone calling 'Mammy and Pappa', I used to find this old-fashioned. But with time, I learnt why it's essential. I learnt that while adapting to new cultures, we must not forget ours. The language, the literature, the culture for which the great souls shed their blood fought till their last breath.

My house is the perfect example of India. Where we all are from different religions. My neighbours used to say, how can you allow someone to live from another religion? But my father always ignored them, saying that in the end, we all are humans. I love that. Also, I learned to ignore neighbours who question the authenticity of my home. (Well, for borders too.)

A few days ago, I visited the Jaliyanwala Bagh, the Attari Border and the Red Fort, the places every Indian should visit once in their lifetime. The places where you can actually see glimpses from history. The unforgettable marks of the bullets on each wall and the well are lively proof of the desire to be free in the hearts of the people of India. The freedom we got has a price, the price which was paid by many innocent lives. The freedom we have is absolutely not free! And we are here to pay that back. To pay back with commitment and by preserving the values of Mother India. 

This nation has seen many things, the coming of Turkish to the Mughals to the Britishers, the horror partition of 1947, to Sino-Indian War of 1962, the Kargil War of 1999, and so many attacks, and still we are united and ready to fight, for this is the land of great warriors!

Jai Hind!
Jai Bharat!





Comments

  1. A small mistake by someone can lead to a cascade of mistakes, that's my story lol. I got selected for PhD and i was contacting this guy since past 8 days, he told that he will help me with the document, now the Pooja holidays will also start, i requested him to please do it for me. I was really frustrated by my alma mater institutes negligence, then i found you on the slowly mainstream ofc with few filters, i don't know whether i should write you a letter or not lol, but I've really liked your writing. Keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it :)
    Been busy these days, will surely reply someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bengaluru: Exploring New Horizons

River Rafting at Rishikesh

My Gentleman