Bengaluru: Exploring New Horizons

It's only been two weeks since I arrived here, and I swear my life hasn't been as eventful as it is now. Some things have happened offline, and some online, but this city has turned out to be a lucky one for me, at least for now.

For the past few months, working from home had put me in a sweet comfort zone. Coming to Bengaluru felt like stepping into a completely new world. When I landed at Bengaluru airport, all I remember was being anxious and scared. While working from home, it was all "Eat. Code. Sleep. Repeat." But here, it is about meeting new people, pursuing new hobbies, networking with people from different domains, and most importantly, exploring my area of interest.

The excitement of meeting new people made me nervous initially, but I eventually met some amazing people and had great discussions with them. Some online friends became offline friends, and unfortunately, it was the other way around as well, but that's how it goes. I started pursuing my interests and am still looking for a new hobby to pick. I already have a few in mind, but Bengaluru traffic isn't aligned with them.

Over time, I've observed a few things in Bengaluru. If you travel by bus, and you're a female traveller, get in from the front door, and if you're male, get in from the back door. That's how the traffic is usually divided in the ordinary buses.

If you're looking for a new physical activity or want to join a gym, I suggest going for one with less crowd if you don't know gym postures and haven't been to the gym for a long time. The flashy marketing of big gyms may catch your eye, but they don't provide quality service. You'll be overlooked in the crowd, and even if you're in the wrong posture, no one will correct you.

I've installed a few meet-up apps, and I attend interesting events whenever I find one. If you too love socializing/networking, then you must keep your eyes on these events to attend. One piece of advice I received from a good friend is to 'network with a goal.'

I'm not a foodie, but this city offers great food, and I'm enjoying trying new cuisines every now and then. One of my recommendations is "Truffles." I also suggest trying different juices and coconut water.

Bengaluru's weather works for me, and the greenery here is most appealing. The different trees with beautiful flowers and the bougainvillaea always make me stop by and take a pic or two.

Flower vendors are quite noticeable here, and so are women with beautifully woven Gajras. The temple decorations are admirable, which is very unique, and I must say, arranged very neatly compared to the temples I've been to in North India.


Last but not least, people here are extremely nice and welcome you with warm smiles.

Bye-bye! Until the next part!👋🏻









Comments

  1. That's a great catch and i am happy that someone is happy being in Karnataka..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

River Rafting at Rishikesh

My Gentleman